Treating Candida Albicans The
Candida remedies plus a well thought out diet can help to treat the symptoms
of this common problem.
In this article you'll discover a natural diet that will help you get Candida
Natural Solutions for Candida
by Michele Carelse
Candida is a type of fungus (also called yeast), and is only one of a huge
number of micro-organisms that exist in a human body.
Normally, in a healthy body, Candida does not cause any problem. However,
when the bio-balance is upset by factors such as unhealthy lifestyle, stress,
excessive consumption of sugar and refined carbohydrate, chronic use of
medications such as anti-biotics, cortisone, the pill, etc, then one finds an
overgrowth of Candida in the body.
This can result in toxins being released into the bloodstream and can have many
adverse effects on the functioning of the body.
The immune system is unable to cope with the continuous release of toxins
into the body, leading to dis-ease. Symptoms can include depression, mood
swings, sinusitis, headaches, chronic fatigue, joint pain, stomach pain,
indigestion, vaginal thrush and other fungal infections, skin rashes and eczema,
Fortunately, Candida can be controlled by means of a balanced diet and by the
elimination of certain foods in order to create an internal environment in which
the yeast cannot survive.
An initial detox diet will ensure, along with our Candidate formula will
ensure that the levels of systemic Candida are significantly reduced.
Thereafter, a maintenance program should be followed to keep Candida
permanently at bay. Remember that Candida thrives on all sugars and refined
carbohydrates and it is only by controlling your intake of these foods that you
will beat systemic Candida. By following this diet, you will not only be able to
control Candida levels in your body, but you will also be amazed at the amount
of energy you have.
Your skin will clear, your eyes will sparkle and you will even lose weight,
despite the fact that you need never go hungry!
Many people find that the Candida diet helps to clear joint and back pain,
balance sugar levels and blood pressure, control cholesterol and relieve
symptoms of depression – all without medication! This is because by reducing
Candida overgrowth in the body, the immune system is able to function properly
for the first time in years, allowing the body to heal itself!
Some Important Points
When following the Candida diet, you must make sure that your blood sugar levels
are kept at an acceptable level by eating a substantial breakfast, lunch and
If you find that your energy level is low or you are experiencing dizziness
while on the diet, it is probably due to low blood sugar. If this happens,
simply add a mid-morning and mid afternoon snack.
Please remember to drink lots of water in order to assist the elimination of
toxins from your body.
After a few days of detoxing, some of your symptoms may become worse and you
could also experience headaches. This is quite normal and part of the
detoxification process. It will improve after a few days and you will begin to
feel healthier than you have felt for years!
The Candida diet should be followed for 4 weeks, followed by a maintenance
program as outlined.
You may not use sugar in any form – this includes sucrose (cane sugar), glucose
and fructose (fruit sugar). Lactose (milk sugar) to be kept to a minimum.
* Rye Vita (contains no yeast) Chicken, fish, meat (preferably-
* Rye Bread (no yeast or wheat) roasted/grilled or steamed)
* Rice cakes Sunflower/olive oil
* Rice, potato or rye flour 30ml lemon juice
* Corn or Soya flour all veggies fresh or frozen – no tinned food
* Oats, maize (corn) meal, maltabella Avocado pears
* Dairy-milk 125ml per day Sweet / normal potatoes
* Plain Bulgarian yoghurt-125ml (no sugar!) Brown rice (no white rice)
* Low fat cottage cheese (no sugar!) Onions / garlic (unless sensitive)
* Soya / Rice milk Walnuts, cashews, hazel,
* Ricotta cheese pecan, coconut & macadamia
* Popcorn (homemade), plain chips (no MSG
* One fruit per day (no melons & Herbal teas e.g. Rooibos
* grapes) Make sure that fruit is not bruised. Lipton herbal teas
* Herbs Mineral water
* Tomatoes Artificial sweeteners e.g.. Advantage
Foods allowed weekly (only one item of each)
* Whole-wheat pasta 1 rice cake with carob or yogurt topping
* Wheatbix (sugar free), tomato paste
* (if no wheat allergy is prevalent)
* Soft goat cheeses e.g. Camembert, feta or goat
Foods allowed twice a week (only one item of each)
* Tinned tuna or Salmon in spring water Spices e.g.. curries, chilies (avoid if
* Foods to Avoid
* Anything containing yeast Pickled, smoked or processed meat,
* fish (including cold meats, & vacuum packed foods)
* Breads, marmite provita, Bovril etc
* White wheat flour or pastry flour,
* Gluten flour, flake cereals, semolina,
* Cream of wheat, pasta – white All vinegars and vinegar products (chutney,
* mayonnaise, salad dressing etc)
* Cheese, fermented or processed
* e.g.. Cheddars, feta from dairy or other
* hard cheeses All forms of alcohol
* Fruits – melons or grapes or any fruit
* and vegetables that shown any signs
* of bruising or mould Honey and other natural sweeteners
* Mushrooms Sugar and anything containing sugar
* Peanuts, peanut butter and pistachio All teas and coffees, except herbal teas
* All fruit juices (drink still mineral water instead)
Typical Meals would include (omit foods your are allergic to. East as much as
* 1 Fruit
* Porridge - Oats, maltabella (regular) or
* Mealie (corn) meal. Rice cereal (infant food)
* Rye vita / yeast free bread / rice cakes Avo / cottage cheese / egg / tomato
LUNCH / DINNERS
* Salads e.g.. potatoes, greens, rice, beans
* (include as many different ingredients as
* Meat, fish, chicken (roasted / grilled / steamed)
* Lentils, pulses, legumes-soups, bakes, etc
* All vegetables-steamed and to include
* pumpkin, squash, butternut
* potato-baked, boiled or chips
* brown rice
* salads/stir fries/soups-chicken & veggie
* soup may be frozen & reheated
* yeast free bread/rye vita/rice cakes
* Avo / tomato / cottage cheese / tuna / cold
After the initial four weeks detox, you can slowly re-introduce foods from the
”Foods to avoid list”, but, please remember to use them in moderation. The
foods to continue avoiding, or using with caution are: sugars, white flour,
fruit juices, dried fruits, prepared breakfast flakes including muesli, alcohol,
vinegar and foods containing yeast.
Good luck and be well!
Michele Carelse is a Registered Clinical Psychologist and Licensed Counselor
with more than 12 years experience. She runs her own private practice, as well
as an online counseling and information service at http://www.nativeremedies.com/online_counseling.shtml
By using natural
Candida remedies and following Michele's diet above you should be able to
treat the symptoms of this common problem most effectively.