Treating Sleep Apnea With Breathing and Relaxation Techniques
There are many ways that breathing and relaxation techniques can be used to
for treating sleep apnea and to promote relaxation and relieve stress. The deeper and slower that you breathe the more relaxed and sedated you will become.
Sleeping with the window open will help the air to circulate in your bedroom and fill your lungs with fresh air.
Treating sleep apnea with one of these relaxation techniques and maybe using
some form of gentle natural medication will help your body to wind down and prepare for the sleep cycle.
Try this breathing technique
for combating sleep
apnea when you first get into bed:
1. Take a deep breath.
2. Breathe in through your nose and visualize the air moving down to your stomach.
3. As you breathe in again silently count to four.
4. Purse your lips as you exhale slowly.
5. This time count silently to eight.
6. Repeat this process six to ten times.
The results of this breathing technique are immediate - You will feel your shoulders and arms
relaxing, your chest will feel less constricted and you will feel less stress and tension.
Practice this breathing technique
Practice this breathing technique on a daily basis so that it becomes a natural routine for you and helps to induce natural sleep.
As well as using breathing techniques in conjunction with one of the many natural medications available to encourage natural sleep you can try several relaxation exercises. The goal is to relax your mind and let your body unwind and surrender to sleep.
Try the following relaxation exercise
before you get into bed:
1. Lay on your back on the floor with your feet slightly apart, your hands by your sides, and your palms turned upward.
2. Close your eyes and concentrate on every part of your body.
3. Begin at the top of your head and work your way down to your toes.
4. Start by feeling your forehead tense, then your eyes, face, and jaw.
5. Tense and release each muscle group, such as your shoulders and neck.
6. Give attention to each area of your body from the top of your head, down through the trunk of your body, down along your legs, and ending at the tip of your toes.
7. Stay in this relaxed condition for a few minutes. Concentrate on your breathing and let all worry and stress dissipate from your mind and body. Make sure that your breathing comes from deep in your stomach and flows slowly and evenly.
8. Stretch slowly before standing.
The exercise above will tell your body and mind that it is okay to settle down, leaving behind thoughts of worry, fear, and stress.
There are many more techniques and exercises available to promote deep breathing and relaxation. You will have to find what method works best for you.
Your goal is to recognize that deep breathing and concentrated relaxation are tools available for you to achieve natural sleep.
One of the many Natural medications now available can also be a big help in achieving healthy sleep
without the harsh side-effects of prescription medications.
Here to return from Treating Sleep Apnea With Breathing
and Relaxation Techniques
Sleep Home Page
This Is A Solo Build It Site, Powered Of Course, By Solo Build It